On their stand at the Geneva Motorshow, Aston Martin is showing several examples of cars created by their bespoke design service ‘Q by Aston Martin’. One of the Q examples is this aggressive looking V12 Vantage in Satin Black.
This V12 Vantage has been painted in Satin Black (= matte black) and has been completely de-chromed. That is, all chrome parts have either been replaced by carbon fibre parts or been painted black. On the exterior, we can see:
- V12 Vantage wheels painted gloss black
- Black grille
- Matte black Zircotec exhaust tail pipes
- Carbon fibre mirror caps
- Carbon fibre side strakes
- Carbon fibre real lamp infills
- Aston Martin logos with black background
- Yellow brake callipers
- And finally: Black window sills! Which is a first on a factory Aston Martin.
Did I inspire mr Q with the black window sills on my red and black monster?
On the inside, the carbon and black theme continues, with:
- Obsidian Black leather.
- Seats in Obsidian Black leather and alcantara
- Carbon fibre + piano black facia
- Carbon fibre gearshift surround
- Yellow stitching
Personally, I love this aggressive look on a V12 Vantage.
Now I’m tempted to wrap my own Carbon Red edition in matte black… 🙂